CliftonLarsonAllen (CLA) has the deep knowledge to help you structure your transaction in a tax efficient manner.
What’s on your mind?
- Entering into a beneficial acquisition tax structure
- Calculating the costs and benefits of purchasing assets versus stock
- Determining the most tax-effective structure to sell a business
- Understanding uncertain tax positions at the federal, state, and international levels
- Determining post-deal tax obligations
- Managing the post-deal integration process — particularly the first 100 days
A unique approach
CLA professionals have extensive operating and transaction tax experience. Our team uses a focused approach to understand the tax implications of the proposed deal and help you determine the optimal tax structure critical to creating deal value.
Each transaction brings its own set of potentially damaging exposures to both buyers and sellers. We help buyers determine the combined entity’s post-close tax positions and compliance footprint, as well as federal, state, local, and foreign tax exposures. Conversely, we help sellers understand the tax consequences of potential offers before the business is put on the market. We use our versatile knowledge to develop strategy and structure to get the deal done.
Transaction tax services
- Assess uncertain tax positions for federal, state, local, and foreign tax exposures
- Tax structuring advice for mergers and acquisitions
- Model tax consequences of different transaction structures
- Conduct comprehensive discussions with management and its advisors
- Perform post-closing tax filing compliance assistance
- Team with investment advisors to achieve after-tax investment and estate planning goals
- Comprehensive transaction support, including M&A advisory and investment banking services
Merger and acquisition, wealth management, and investment planning services are offered through CliftonLarsonAllen Wealth Advisors, LLC, member FINRA and SIPC.
InsightsSee All Insights
Blog 1/31/2022CLA and Acumatica Partnership Launch!
Media coverage 1/24/2022Tax Compliance: Considerations for Not-for-Profit Independent Schools
Media coverage 1/20/2022BBB Act Is Dead, But Producers May Still Face Tax Increases
Article 1/19/2022IRS Provides Additional Guidance for Amended Research Credit Claims